How to Choose a Roofing Contractor You Really TrustSeptember 21, 2017 11:41 pm Leave your thoughts
Your roof is your business’ first line of defense. It keeps both your livelihood and your employees protected from the outside elements, intruders and other threats. That is why you know it is crucial to have professional commercial roofing contractors in Springfield, MA keep your roof in top condition.
But hiring the wrong roofer could leave you with a bigger problem than you started out with. It can be difficult to find a quality roofing company with so many different scammers and unqualified contractors ready to steal your business. Here are a few tips to help you choose a roofing contractor you can really trust:
- Consult your friends and family: To get started, ask your family, friends and fellow business owners if they have a company they would be willing to recommend. Getting a few different referrals from people you can trust will help you begin the process of narrowing down your toptions. Ask them if they had any negative experiences with the contractor or if they are still confident in their workmanship after some time has passed.
- Check for insurance: Are you prepared to pay thousands of dollars if a contractor were to accidentally damage your business while installing a new roof? What about if they were to fall and injure themselves? That’s why you want a company that carries insurance and workers compensation. You could find yourself financially responsible for the damage by hiring a roofer that is not properly insured. Always ask for proof of insurance to save yourself quite a bit of money and stress.
- Ask for references: Don’t be afraid to ask a company for references from their past customers. Failing to produce a good list of references should be a big red flag that this contractor ought to be avoided. If they are not confident enough in their past work to share it with you, then it is best for you to take your business somewhere else.
- Look for a lifetime warranty: A lifetime warranty is a certified guarantee the roof will not fail. A roofer offering a lifetime warranty has complete confidence the roof will stay strong for years to come. This will weed out the less reputable companies, as they are only interested in throwing on new roofs quickly to make a fast buck, without any concern about the quality. Avoid this fate by only hiring a roofing company that offers a lifetime warranty on their products.
- Get it in writing: An estimate is a great way to get a better understanding of how much your project will cost—but it doesn’t mean anything unless it is in writing. A great roofing company will provide you with a detailed list of the work to be completed, materials to be used and estimated completion time, in addition to the total cost. Never let the work commence until you have this estimate in your hands.
Take the stress out of finding the best commercial roofing contractors in Springfield, MA by hiring the professionals in R & H Roofing LLP today. Call us today to get started!
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors
This post was written by Writer