Winter is on its way! Soon, your business may be coated in a beautiful layer of white snow—but is your roof prepared to be hit by the winter weather? Heavy snows and the freeze and thaw cycle can wreak havoc on even the hardiest roof. That is why the autumn is the perfect time to make a push to have any commercial roofing in Springfield, MA completed. Cold temperatures, poor weather conditions and the height of your roof can make winter roof work a dangerous task for a roofing contractor.
Not only will completing the work this fall help your roofer, but it can also help save you money. If you’re considering replacing your roof this year, here are five reasons to get the job done before winter arrives:
- Avoid high winter premiums: Did you know that you can actually save money by having roofing work done now? While a roofing company can still get the job done during the winter, these projects tend to come at a higher premium due to additional fees, including the cost of snow removal. Completing your roofing project before December will help you avoid some of the steep costs associated with winter work.
- Improve efficiency: New roofing can help delay the inevitable fate of having to turn on the heater this fall. Your business will be properly insulated against the cold weather as it sets in. The heat will stay trapped within your building instead of rising out through a poorly insulated roof. This will help cut down on your heating bills both this fall and winter.
- Ideal conditions: Fall is the perfect season to install commercial roofing in Springfield, MA. Typically, new roofing is best installed when the outdoor temperature is approximately 45 to 50 degrees. These signature autumn temperatures offer the optimal conditions for the thermal sealing of asphalt shingles. Your new shingles will be adhered to the roof before the first snowflakes begin to fall. Plus, your roofing contractors will thank you for the comfortable working conditions!
- Peace of mind: Are you confident your roof will be able to stand up to the test of winter? Give yourself much-needed peace of mind by having your roofing project completed now. This way, you will know your commercial building is in great shape when the freezing temperatures hit.
- Identify any issues: Summer can also be hard on a roof. The rains and hot temperatures might have caused damage. By having your roofing project completed this fall, your roofing contractor will have the perfect amount of time to assess any damage and determine the best course of action for repairs. It’s best to do this now, as winter storms can only exacerbate any pre-existing damage.
Make the smart decision by having your roofing project completed now. Between saving money, improved efficiency and the guaranteed peace of mind, you’ll be glad you did not wait until winter. Ready to make an appointment? Call the top professionals at R & H Roofing LLP today for high quality commercial or industrial roofing in Springfield, MA!
This post was written by Writer