What You to Need to Know About Protecting Your Commercial Roof This WinterNovember 12, 2018 9:42 pm Leave your thoughts
Your commercial building is designed to withstand all kinds of conditions and circumstances, but during the fall and winter, the weather can take a toll on your roof. While there’s no way to shield your roof from weather-related damage entirely, there are several things that you can do to significantly reduce the risk of damage and ensure that your building stays in the best condition possible all year long. Consider a few of these winter roof care tips from your local roofing contractors in Springfield, MA:
- Inspect your roof regularly: One of the most important things you can do to protect your roof during the fall and winter is inspect it regularly. You should pay attention to signs of snow or ice accumulation that might be putting excessive pressure on your roof. It’s also important to have your roof thoroughly inspected by a professional at least twice a year. They will be able to fully evaluate the condition of your roof and help you determine whether any maintenance or repairs are necessary before the weather gets worse.
- Check for signs of interior leaks: If you have any problems with leaks in your ceiling or signs of mold growth indoors, it’s possible that your roof is leaking. You should pay close attention to these signs of roof damage so that you can fix the problem as soon as possible.
- Maintain landscaping: If your commercial or industrial building is surrounded by large, mature trees, it’s important for you to invest in pruning during the fall. Without proper pruning, your trees will be more likely to lose branches during heavy storms, which can cause damage to your commercial roof.
- Remove snow regularly: If snow and ice begin to accumulate on your roof, timely removal is essential. Leaving snow and ice on your roof for too long puts undue stress on your roof, which can cause lasting damage. It’s important to hire a professional to help you with snow and ice removal so that you can ensure the job is done properly.
- Reach out to a professional for help: Even though there are some aspects of maintenance and care that you can handle on your own, there are certain jobs that require the assistance of professional roofing contractors in Springfield, MA. They will be able to provide you with professional service that will ensure that your roof is kept in the best condition possible.
If you want to find out more about what you can do to protect your roof from extreme weather this winter, or you need help with roof repair, replacement or maintenance, reach out to the team at R & H Roofing, LLP. We’ve been proud to serve New England area customers since 1987, and we continue to offer incredible service to commercial and industrial clients. We would be happy to provide you with recommendations to help you maintain and care for your roof and ensure that it continues to perform the way you need it to for years to come. Reach out to us today to get started with a free roof evaluation.
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors
This post was written by Writer