Your roof is an important part of your business property. A roof that’s visible from the street is one of the first things employees and customers may notice about your business, and maintaining a roof in good condition is an important part of showing a good face to the world. Metal roofing in Springfield, MA is an increasingly popular choice for commercial applications because of its many benefits. If you’re thinking about a new roof installation or need roof repairs, make sure to ask your roofing contractors in Springfield, MA the following questions before diving into a professional relationship:
- Are you licensed and insured? Your roofing contractors in Springfield, MA should be licensed by the state. To make sure you’re working with a contractor who will comply with Massachusetts codes and regulations, get proof of licensing from your contractor and verify that it’s up to date.
- Are you insured? Roofing specialists should have insurance to protect both themselves and your business in the event of damage. General liability insurance is a must. It’s also a good idea for them to have worker’s compensation insurance. If injury to one of their employees happens on your property, and they don’t have worker’s comp, you could be held liable for their medical expenses.
- What’s the warranty? Good roofing contractors in Springfield, MA should provide a warranty for their work. Metal roofing in Springfield, MA should last a long time and shouldn’t need very much maintenance, so it’s a good idea to get a warranty that ensures any damage is taken care of.
- Will you provide an estimate in writing? Contractors should do their best to give accurate estimates. Getting a detailed and itemized estimate in writing before you sign anything will ensure the contractors stick to the original plan and pricing for each piece. If they charge for removing the old roof, adding the new one, materials, labor and more, you’ll know exactly what you’re being charged for each aspect of the project.
- How do you deal with bad weather? Roofing contractors in Springfield, MA can’t control the weather, but they should have a plan in place for inclement weather occurrences. What’s their timeline for the new roof, and how will they manage delays from bad weather as well as protect your property from damage?
- What are your safety practices? Your contractor should have specific practices to keep their workers safe and your property free from damage. Will they install drip edge and edge metal when they install your roof to protect the wood and fascia? Will they use ladder stabilizers or standoffs to protect the gutters during the installation? These aspects are important for protecting your property.
When it comes to metal roofing in Springfield, MA, R & H Roofing, LLP delivers an unparalleled level of expertise and top-tier products from industry-best brands. We provide new roofing, roof repairs, inspections and roof evaluations. R & H Roofing, LLP are the premier commercial and industrial roofing contractors in Springfield, MA. Give us a call today to schedule a free consultation.
This post was written by Writer