Quiet Roof Repair for HospitalsOctober 31, 2019 7:21 pm Leave your thoughts
Hospitals never stop operating. There is not a moment in which the halls and rooms stop buzzing with activity. The vibrations and noise from repairs or renovations can create disruptions for everyone within the building. Fortunately, you can avoid most of these expensive (and noisy) repairs with good hospital roof maintenance in Springfield, MA.
While this maintenance requires some upfront investment, it is well worth it to prevent repairs and replacements down the line. As you consider hospital roof maintenance in Springfield, MA, keep the following things in mind:
- Wear and tear: Hospital roofs often serve multiple functions for the building. They may serve as a helipad, support for communications equipment or a site for solar panels. These multi-purpose uses cause more than normal wear and tear on the roof. It must withstand harsh weather conditions as well as these service uses. This makes regular inspection and maintenance particularly important.
- Expenses: The cheapest way to repair a roof is to prevent damage. Regular hospital roof maintenance in Springfield, MA allows you to catch leaks before they start. Scheduled roof inspections will allow technicians to spot problems early on, before they turn into expensive repairs. Save money by fronting the cost of regular maintenance rather than pay for major repairs or replacements.
- Budgeting: When you budget for regular maintenance, you can avoid surprises. Without proactive steps to maintain your hospital roof, reroofing can come as a shocking cost that is impossible to fit in the budget. However, scheduled maintenance that is part of the regular budget can help prevent costly reroofing.
- Annual inspections: You should schedule a professional inspection of your hospital roof once each year. If your roof experiences high activity levels, schedule these inspections every six months. These inspections will help you preserve your roof and extend its lifespan by detecting and correcting problems early.
- Hospital roofers: As you schedule your hospital roof maintenance in Springfield, MA, look for contractors who have experience with hospital roofing. Working on these roofs requires a special skill set to avoid loud noises, contamination or vibrations that could adversely affect patient rooms, operating rooms or labs below.
- Red flags: Roof inspectors will look for several common signs that your roof is in need of preventative maintenance or repairs. Some of the top signs include cracked masonry walls, discoloration in skylights or vents, debris in the gutters or on the roof, damaged caulking, accumulation of granules on the roof, loose flashing, missing drain domes, discoloration of window frames and water stains on ceilings and walls.
Keep things quiet
To avoid noisy roof repairs at your hospital, partner with R & H Roofing, LLP. Since 1987, we have remained one of the most trusted names in the roofing industry. We are industry leaders in hospital roof maintenance in Springfield, MA. You can count on our professionals to complete the necessary inspections and preventative maintenance to keep roof repairs to a minimum. Specializing in commercial and industrial roofing services, we offer in-depth knowledge of hospital roofing. Contact us today to schedule your next inspection.
Categorised in: Commercial Roof Repair
This post was written by Writer