The Best Part of a Metal Roof on a Commercial BuildingSeptember 16, 2020 8:27 pm Leave your thoughts
A roof is a roof, right? Ideally, they protect your building and keep the elements off your equipment. Choosing the right kind of roof can save you a lot in maintenance, property damage and repair costs, so even if you’re tempted to pick the cheapest option that looks good, you should avoid the urge. It’s worth the time to research and pick the best roof for your building—and in many cases, metal roofing is the top choice for commercial buildings. Read on to learn more about the benefits of metal roofing in Springfield, MA:
- Great energy efficiency: Who doesn’t want to save more on their heating and air conditioning bills? When you’re running a business, they’re non-negotiable—and if your roof is letting heat or cold air escape, you’ll see bigger bills. Lighter metal roofs prevent the hot summer sun from penetrating your building, keeping the air conditioning bills lower. The same goes for wintertime. Plus, metal roofing can be treated to specifically prevent heat transfer.
- Durable and reliable: Your commercial metal roofing could last as long as 50 years, making it a very smart investment. You might pay a bit more initially, but between the long lifespan and reduced energy bills, it practically pays for itself soon enough.
- Low maintenance: Unlike shingle roofing, single ply and gravel roofing, metal roofs are extremely low maintenance. You won’t need to perform maintenance tasks as often, which helps keep costs (including the impact on your time) a lot lower. Most metal roofs will only need to be checked once per year or after big storms.
- Withstands most weather types: Speaking of storms, your metal roof is designed to withstand nearly anything Mother Nature can throw its way. Heavy rain, hail, strong winds and snow are no match for a quality metal roof. Just remember to check after major weather events to look for dents and dings that could lead to further damage later on down the road. Choosing a sturdy roof is especially important if you’re running a business that’s open 24/7—it’s hard to justify any downtime for roof repairs.
- A range of aesthetic options: Finally, metal roofing is great for commercial buildings in Springfield, MA because you’re no longer limited to silver corrugated metal roofing. Today, metal roofs come in a number of colors and styles, so you’re sure to find something to complement your building’s existing design. You can even pick a metal roof that’s designed to look like slate or shingles.
When you’re running a commercial building, metal roofing is often the best way to go. Its superior quality, durability and energy efficiency make it a smart investment, while the colors and styles ensure that you can find something that works for your specific building.
Are you thinking about re-roofing your commercial building? Let R & H Roofing, LLP help. We offer high-quality roofing materials and installation, and will work with you to pick just the right roof for your needs. Call us today to get started.
Categorised in: Metal Roofing
This post was written by Writer