Whether your commercial building’s roofing system is EPDM, TPO, PVC, metal, gravel, asphalt or a different material, routine inspections are necessary. This post will cover the importance of scheduling professional inspections and how often you should have your roof inspected in Springfield, MA:
- Detect unseen problems: One scary thing about roofing damage is that it’s not always visible to the naked eye. Mold growth and subsurface water damage are just two of the things that could be going on without you noticing. The only way to catch and fix this damage is routinely scheduling a professional inspection.
- Catch problems early: Unless a tree limb comes crashing down or there’s a big hail storm, roofing damage often starts out small. Unfortunately, this damage will just get worse as time goes on. During the inspection, your professional will identify any small issues and set them straight before they become more expensive to repair.
- Prolong roof lifespan: Commercial roofing systems can last for decades before they need to be replaced. But you’ll want to schedule routine inspections to ensure you get the most out of your roof. A roof that’s properly inspected and maintained will last much longer, meaning you’ll save loads of money on installing a new roof.
- Warranty protection: If your roof has a warranty, you may need to schedule professional inspections to retain it. This is because roofing manufacturers understand the importance of roof inspections in Springfield, MA, and they don’t want to honor a warranty if the owner is negligent towards their roof.
When should you schedule an inspection?
When it comes to how often you should have your roof inspected in Springfield, MA, we recommend getting one at least once a year. But these are a few instances in which you’ll want to get an inspection sooner than that:
- After a storm: Most roofing damage occurs after nasty storms, especially if it hails. It’s a good idea to call a roofing inspector after a bad storm to perform a thorough inspection of your roof. We’ll be able to catch any minor damage before it leads to leaks or other massive issues.
- When you spot a leak: Leaks can happen for a variety of reasons, but if you spot one on your ceiling or along the walls of the top floor, it’s probably due to an issue up on the roof. The first step in addressing this leak is calling a professional for a thorough inspection.
- If you see issues from the ground: Depending on your roof’s slope, you may be able to spot roofing issues while standing on the ground. Tears, punctures or missing pieces are just a few of the things you may be able to see without climbing on the roof. Call a pro to perform a deep dive if anything looks amiss.
Now’s the perfect time to get an inspection
Because a ton of roof damage occurs during the winter, we always advise getting an inspection during the spring. Contact R & H Roofing, LLP today to get a free evaluation of your roof or to learn more about the importance of roof inspections in Springfield, MA.
Categorised in: Roof Inspection
This post was written by Writer