What To Consider When Choosing a Commercial RoofMarch 17, 2022 12:00 am Leave your thoughts
The quality of a commercial roof directly affects the durability, stability, safety, and energy efficacy of the building. The right roof for your commercial building will save you unnecessary costs and the pain of roof repairs.
To settle on suitable materials for your commercial roof, you will need the advice of a trusted and qualified commercial roofing expert. At R & H Roofing in Easthampton, MA, our skilled and experienced commercial roofing contractors will help you choose the right quality and efficient commercial roof and provide top-quality roofing materials for your roof installation.
Common Varieties of Commercial Roof Systems
There are various types of roofing systems available for a commercial building, including:
- Single-ply is the most common roofing system for new roofs, repairs, and low slope application. They are more weatherable and wind-resistant. They include EPDMS, TPO, PVC.
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer (EPDM) is an artificial latex cover made from recycled materials and is biodegradable. EPDM is light, highly malleable, and affordable.
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) is made of polypropylene and ethylene-propylene rubber. TPO is exceptional in its durability, ease of installation, and energy efficiency.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is made from ethylene and chlorine. It is ecologically friendly and very durable.
- Metal roofing is typically made of corrugated and galvanized steel. This roofing system is energy efficient and durable.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Roof for Your Commercial Building
With all these varieties of roofing systems available, some aspects to deliberate on when selecting the most suitable commercial building include:
- The building’s use. The nature of the business that the building is purposed to house will determine its roofing system.
- The geographical location. The topography surrounding will influence the kind of roofing system for the commercial building due to the weather conditions in the area.
- Future plans for the building. Plans to change the kind of commercial use or ownership of the building will influence the choice of the roof. If you plan to use the building for a short period, you may consider settling for a less expensive and durable roof.
- Budget. When settling for the roofing budget, you will need to consider other costs such as maintenance, repairs, and warranties associated with each roofing system.
- Ecological Impact. If your business needs to meet environmentally friendly standards and certifications, you will have to consider green roofs such as TPO and PVC.
- Roofing Expert. You will also need to pick the right roofing partner.
What To Consider in Choosing Commercial Roofing Specialties
Though you have the final decision on the type of commercial roofing, the input of a qualified commercial roof contractor is vital. These are some aspects to consider when choosing a roofing expert;
- Knowledge of the local environment
Why Have a Commercial Roof Inspection?
You may also require a new commercial roof if your old one is faulty and no longer serving its purpose or if there is a change in the nature of your business. You will need to contact commercial roofing contractors for a commercial roof inspection to diagnose the deficiencies determine the kind of new roof and the cost implications.
At R & H Roofing, LLP, Easthampton, MA, we have qualified and experienced commercial roof contractors ready to offer free consultations and quotes. We specialize in different roofing systems, including EPDM, Metal, Rubber, and TPO roofing systems. Get in touch today and let us know how we can help.
Categorised in: Commercial Roofing
This post was written by admin